December 17, 2017
Celebrate New Years Eve in the Orange County Area
Posted by: Sharon Elswick
The holidays are one of our favorite times of the year in Orange. The season may be coming to an end, but there are many amazing New Year’s Eve festivities in the area to help you finish the year off right. New Year’s Eve is a time to look back at the year that has passed and look forward to everything that lies ahead. They say how you spend New Year’s Eve is the way you will spend the rest of your year. Well, if you choose to attend any of these awesome events, we promise that you will start 2018 just right.
- Vintage Restaurant: The Vintage Restaurant is a Forbes four-star rated restaurant located inside the Inn at Willow Grove, one of our member properties. The Vintage is known for its playful twists on classic American dishes like fillet of beef and pan seared scallops. Plus, all their meals use local, seasonal ingredients. On New Year’s Eve, the Vintage will serve a 4-course prix fixe menu with a prosecco toast at midnight.
- Foti’s Restaurant: Foti’s Restaurant in nearby Culpepper cooks up delicious farm-to-table cuisine with a European flare. It is one of our favorite spots for meals that are healthy as well as hearty. On their menu, you’ll find such delicious and varied options as crispy seared duck breast, garlic & herb sauteed snails, curry roasted vegetables, and pan-seared sea bass. Foti’s is accepting reservations for New Year’s Eve, so book a table for a delicious and locally-sourced feast while you still can.
- Barboursville Vineyards: Looking for an elegant wine and dine experience for New Year’s Eve? Head to Barboursville Vineyards for their special New Year’s Eve celebration. Barboursville Vineyards is one of the most famous and historic wineries in Virginia, so there is no better place to kick off the new year. For $160 per person, you will be served a five-course meal prepared by chef Sean Crawford as well as plenty of delicious Barboursville wines.
- The Tin Whistle Pub: The Tin Whistle is a traditional Irish pub located in Charlottesville. In addition to their great live music, people come to the Tin Whistle for their authentic Irish pub food, such as soda bread, shepherd's pie, and bangers and mash. On New Year’s Eve, they will host a celebration filled with lots of live music, good beer, and a variety of meal specials.
- Blue Mountain Brewery: Blue Mountain Brewery, located in the beautiful foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains, is one of our favorite breweries in Virginia. The Blue Mountain Farm growers cultivate their own hops to brew up delicious and original craft beers like Hop Duster, Full Nelson, and Kolsch 151. But just because Blue Mountain Brewery serves beer doesn’t mean they can’t also host an awesome and family friendly New Year’s Eve celebration. It promises to be a fun-filled celebration complete with a DJ, balloon drop, and sparkling cider toast. They also offer a New Year’s Day Brunch, where you can cure that wicked hangover with a hearty, all-you-can eat breakfast buffet, and one of their craft beers if you dare.
- Charlottesville Downtown Mall: The historic Charlottesville Downtown Mall is considered one of the best urban parks in the country. Located in a vibrant historic district filled with stunning architecture, great shopping and dining options, and an excellent arts & culture scene, the Charlottesville Downtown Mall is a must for any visitor to Virginia. They also happen to host a great New Year’s Eve celebration that music, food, and fireworks, as well as art work and performances.
Considering spending New Year’s Eve at one of the Inns at Montpelier properties? Treat yourself to The Holladay House Bed & Breakfast’s Elegant New Year’s Eve Special, where you’ll enjoy extended breakfast hours, speciality house-made cocktails, and the option of late-check out. The Mayhurst Inn also offers a New Year’s special that includes a glass of champagne, a box of Godiva chocolates, and a $100 gift card to a nearby restaurant.
Spending New Year’s Eve in the Orange County area? Book a stay at one of the Inns at Montpelier member properties and ring in the new year right.